All Q-PlexTM kits come with a Product Code that is entered into the Q-ViewTM Software to communicate assay names and positions within a well used to render the plate overlay, as well as the theoretical calibrator values. If you need to make your own custom definitions, however, Q-ViewTM has features built in to allow for easy creation of custom Lots, which define groups of antigen high points used for curve-fitting, and custom Products, which define the spot names and positions to make the plate overlay.
To create a custom product definition in Q-View 2, take the following steps:
- To enter antigen names and high-point concentrations for a custom calibrator, go to Settings > Administration > Lot Definitions.
- To enter new analytes, type the analyte name, for example “Hu IL-2,” in the Antigen Name field in the top part of the Lot window. To view a list of existing systems, press the down arrow while the cursor is in the field. Once the desired name is entered, select New. The antigen name you enter will be automatically completed with “.custom“.
- Once all systems have been entered, enter a name for the Lot of calibrator, for example “mm-dd-yy,” and enter the number of analytes that are in the calibrator mix.
- Rows of fields will appear where you can enter the calibrator names you just created above with their corresponding concentration and unit.
- Click Save. The Lot name you entered will be automatically completed with “.custom”.
- Once the custom Antigen Lot is saved, create a Product Definition by going to Settings > Administration > Product Definitions.
- Enter a name for the product, for example “mm-dd-yy,” and the plex. To view a list of existing plexes, press the down arrow while the cursor is in the field. An image of how the spots are arranged in a well for that plex appears at the bottom of the window.
- Rows of fields will appear where you can enter any lot number you created in the Lot Definitions window, the antigen names you created, and the spot diameter (0.6 mm is typical). The concentration will be filled in automatically.
- Click Save. The Product name you enter will be automatically completed with “.custom”.
You can now use the new product definition to analyze images by entering the product name in the Product field in the project screen. All user-defined product and lot definitions will be saved within the project. If saved on a local network or flash drive, the project that utilizes user-defined product and lot files can be opened on any computer. User-defined product and lot files will not be overridden when software updates are released.