Q-Plex™ SARS-CoV-2 Human IgG Quantitative (4-Plex)
Q-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Human IgG Quantitative (4-Plex)
- Species Specificity: Human
- Validated Sample Type: Human Serum, Plasma
- Sample Volume Required: Min. 2 µL
- Estimated Assay Length: 2 hours
- Intra-Assay Cross-Reactivity: See Assay Validation Below
- Assay Type: Indirect
- Detection Method: Chemiluminescent
- Multiplex Format: 96-well solid plate
- Catalog: #711649HU
Evaluating the S1 and S2 simultaneously allows for greater clinical sensitivity and specificity.
The Q-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Human IgG Quantitative (4-Plex) multiplex assay is a quantitative enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay that measures IgG antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in human serum or plasma. SARS-CoV-2 is the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The SARS-CoV-2 virus has several structural proteins including two spike proteins, S1 and S2. When an individual is infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, their immune system produces antibodies to these viral proteins. The typical immune response produces detectable antibody levels around eight to ten days following the onset of symptoms.
The Q-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Human IgG Quantitative (4-Plex) Multiplex ELISA measures IgG antibodies to both the S1 and S2 spike proteins present in a blood sample. The assay only quantifies IgG antibodies, not other classes of antibodies such as IgM or IgA.
The multiplex assay allows for simultaneous indirect ELISA on the following four printed spots:
- SARS-CoV-2 Spike Glycoprotein (S1), a recombinant antigen which contains amino acids 1-674 of subunit 1. Spike S1 is expressed in mammalian HEK293 cells with a Sheep Fc-Tag.
- SARS-CoV-2 Spike Glycoprotein (S2) is a recombinant antigen which contains the Spike subunit 2 protein, amino acids 685-1211. Spike S2 is expressed in mammalian HEK293 cells with a Sheep Fc-Tag.
- Sheep Fc, is a negative control to ensure no cross-reactivity occurs between human IgGs in the sample and the Fc-Tag on the SARS-Cov-2 Spike proteins.
- Anti-Human IgG is a positive control to ensure the kit performs and the IFU was followed correctly.
Each kit contains a 96-well plate, featuring the relevant biomarker panel in each well, and all reagents required to perform testing.
- Detection Mix
- Sample Diluents
- Streptavidin HRP
- Wash Buffer
All Quansys Q-Plex™ Multiplex and Singleplex assays require the use of the Q-View™ software to read and interpret the test results. A fully-functional, free trial version of the software is available to download, install, and use to analyze your first kit(s). At the end of the trial period, a purchased license is required to continue the use of the Q-View software.
Q-Plex arrays are developed and optimized to work with Q-View imagers. Quansys does not guarantee the results obtained from other imagers and not all imagers are compatible with Quansys Q-Plex arrays.
Order Your Kit Today!
Not Finding What You Need?
Customize a Kit
Not seeing the biomarker or analyte you need? Customize your kit! The Q-Plex™ Custom Assays are fully quantitative ELISA-based Chemiluminescent assay kits allowing the concurrent measurement of up to 18 biomarkers or analytes.
Send in Your Samples
Choose up to 18 different biomarkers that will work best for your research. Send in your samples and let us run them for you.
Contact a Representative
Have questions about the kit or interested in more information? Contact one of our representative to get all your questions answered.