How do I pair my LS imager with my computer?
Instructions for pairing a Q-View Imager LS with a computer supplied by Quansys Biosciences.
Set up your LS Imager
- Follow the Q-View Imager LS Setup protocol outlined on pp. 4 – 6 of the Q-View Imager LS Operator’s Manual.
Disable Energy Save Mode on USB Ports
- With the Q-View Imager LS connected to power and the computer, start Q-View. You should hear the imager click on.
- Minimize the Q-View window.
- Open the Device Manager on the computer.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to “Universal Serial Bus controllers”. A series of USB devices will appear.
- For each of the devices in the list, right click on the device name and select “Properties”. A pop-up window will appear.
- Select the “Power Management” tab.
- Deselect “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”. (This will prevent the computer from turning off the Q-View Imager LS, especially during long imaging periods.)
- Unplug the Q-View Imager LS from the USB port and trade it to the next available USB port on the computer. Repeat steps 4 – 7 for each USB port on the computer. (This will ensure that the Q-View Imager LS does not get turned off regardless of which port it is plugged into.)