Q-View Imager Installation Troubleshooting
If your Q-View imager is connected to a computer, but isn’t being recognized in the Q-View Software, please do the following:
- Check for Internet connectivity:
- Refresh the connection: In the Q-View Software, go to Settings > Administration > Manage Imagers. Click Refresh in the dialog box that pops up.
- Ensure there is power: Is the Q-View Imager power cord plugged into a functioning power strip and/or wall outlet? Be sure to check alternate wall outlets that are on a different circuit. Is the power cord which connects into the back of the imager is plugged into the imager securely?
- Check for software updates: Does the computer have the most current version of the Q-View Software and 32-bit Java? Java MUST be 32-bit; the imager is not compatible with 64-bit Java. If 32-bit Java is not present, please install it from You can check and download it at: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp, and then re-open the Q-View Software and refresh the imager list.
- Try alternate USB ports: Can you refresh the imager connection (as in step 1) when the Q-View Imager USB cable is plugged into a different port of the computer? Be sure to check all of your computer’s available ports.
If none of these fix the problem, please call 888-782-6797 for technical support.
If you are experiencing issues with your experiment or imaging, please see our tips on ELISA Troubleshooting at http://www.quansysbio.com/elisa-troubleshooting.